1. Do not go without protein
Nourishing, they fill the gaps and are essential to stay alert.
• Peanut butter sandwiches and jam;
• Stuffed pita stuffed with turkey, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce;
• Smoked salmon cheese roulades on whole wheat tortilla;
• Cheddar cheese on whole wheat crackers;
• Muffins (without fat) and individual portions of yoghurt.
2. Stock up on fruits and vegetables
Essential sources of antioxidants – they prevent diseases, fruits and vegetables are full of water and will keep you hydrated.
Let yourself be tempted by the coolness :
• baby carrots, cucumbers, peppers and cherry tomatoes;
• seasonal fruits: apricots, peaches, plums, nectarines, grapes and other small fruits.
3. Customize snacks
Invite children to prepare their picnic and snacks, they will be more enthusiastic to eat … And it will only be easier to avoid fast food stops!
• your favorite blend of popcorn, grated coconut, muesli, whole grain cereals, sunflower seeds, nuts or dried fruits;
• Milk or chocolate milk in a thermos or other stainless steel bottle.
4. Stay clean and safe; generate less garbage
• bags of ice cubes to keep food cold;
• hand sanitizer or antibacterial washcloths;
• reusable plates and utensils.
5. Accept the compromises
If you can not avoid fast food, make sensible choices.
• a small burger rather than a large trio;
• a salad rather than a fries (go slow on the vinaigrette);
• milk or water rather than a soft drink;
• one of your fruits for dessert.